This MHFA England course is designed to teach you how to provide help on a first aid basis using the ALGEE Action Plan. Requiring no previous knowledge or experience, this course shows people how to recognise those crucial warning signs of poor mental health and provide early intervention to guide someone to appropriate support. You will learn to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis. The skills learnt on this course can be applied to a variety of situations including; the workplace, family & friends, the local community, as well as your own mental wellbeing.
As an MHFAider® you will be able to:
- Recognise those that may be experiencing poor mental health
- Step in and provide early intervention using the ALGEE Action Plan
- Use enhanced interpersonal skills (such as active listening and empathy)
- Empower recovery by signposting effectively
- Practise self-care
- Know how to use the MHFAider Support App®
Everyone who completes the course will get:
- A certificate to say they are a MHFAider®
- 3 years of access to the MHFAider Support App with 24/7 digital support
- Access to exclusive resources, and ongoing learning opportunities (CPD)
- A workbook which includes helpful toolkits to support your own mental health
- A quick reference card for the mental health first aid action plan
- Face to face courses – 4 sessions across 2 days325A detailed MHFA England manual to refer to whenever you need it
Our Mental Health First Aider course involves completing 4 sessions across a minimum of 2 days and taking part in a mixture of presentations, group discussions, case studies and workshop activities.
Online courses – 4 live-webinar sessions over 2-4 days.